ADDIS ABABA (AACCSA)–Addis Ababa Chamber of Commerce and Sectoral Associations (AACCSA) launched four major trade fairs it undertakes for the year 2018. This is part of Chamber tasks in undertaking promotional events to promote trade and investment in Ethiopia, it was indicated on the occasion. The launching ceremony took place at Hilton Addis on September 21, 2017.
Secretary General of AACCSA, Mr. Getachew Regassa, delivered the opening speech of the launch, which was attended by Ambassadors, commercial councilors and other senior officials of embassies in Addis Ababa, government officials, local business community members and other invited guests.
AACCSA Secretary General said that the Chamber works to improve its services for exhibitors and went on to illustrate the point. Putting in place a system for exhibitors to get visas without extra charges; providing lists of credible clearing agents; and making available list of hotels suited to exhibitors and organizers are some instances the Chamber has been working on recently.
On the occasion embassy officials expressed their appreciation of Addis Chamber’s efforts and underlined the need to work more to enhance the intra-Africa trade and realize continental integration. They reiterated that Africa needs to benefit from the enormous potential it has and effect its poverty eradication targets.
Source: Addis Ababa Chamber of Commerce and Sectoral Associations
- VIDEO: Ethiopia and Uganda Look to Open Trade Corridor between Them
- EVENT: The First Annual Conference on Human Capital Development in Africa
- VIDEO: Zemedeneh Nigatu – The Progress Towards A Continental Free Trade Area
- Enhancing Capacity of Industries Prioritized to Improve Foreign Trade Performance
- Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir Secures Free Trade Zone Agreement with Ethiopia in Addis Ababa