The College of Agriculture and Environmental Science at Arsi University will start offering B.Sc. Degree and M.Sc. Degree in Animal Health Science starting from the 2017/2018 academic year.
ASELLA, Ethiopia (Semonegna)–Arsi University, one of the newly established (third generation) universities in 2014 in Ethiopia, is set to begin offering two new academic programs animal health study.
The University’s College of Agriculture and Environmental Science, located in the town of Asella, disclosed on a press conference that the two programs to be launched in this academic year are B.Sc. Degree (undergraduate program) and M.Sc. Degree (postgraduate program) in Animal Health Science.
Dr. Abiot Dedefo, Dean of the College, announced that all the necessary and required assessments for both programs has been carried out before the University decided to launch the programs. It was reported that assessment was needed to explore the necessity of the programs not only for the University’s community but also for the society at large, especially for the farmers in surrounding areas.
During the press conference, different scholars who were actively engaged in assessing and launching the programs gave brief but comprehensive nature of the programs that the College has prepared to offer to students.
- Bahir Dar University: A New Campus at Tana-Beles Sugar Development Project
- Addis Ababa University’s College of Health Sciences Launches New Program: LIYF
- Arsi University College of Health Sciences Graduates Health & Medical Professionals
- Ethiopia Network Program Launched at Jimma University while JU–IUC Program Phases out
- University of Gondar Officially Launches Partnership with Queen’s University, MasterCard Foundation