During the ceremony, it was noted that Baeker Integrated Agro-Industrial Park would help add value to the sesame production in the area.
By Tamirayehu Wondimagegn (EBC) |
Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn has laid cornerstone for the construction of Baeker Integrated Agro-Industrial Park in the town of Humera, Tigray Regional State.
Estimated to cost 2.5 billion Birr, the first phase of the construction is expected to be completed and readied for investment in two years’ time, it was indicated.
Construction of the entire park is supposed to be accomplished in four years’ time.
The park, which will be interlinked with Wolkayit Sugar Factory and Tekeze Dam, is aimed to improve the livelihood of farmers in the neighborhood, Prime Minister Hailemariam noted.
The premier added that Baeker Integrated Agro-Industrial Park would help add value to the sesame production in the area.
Other three Integrated Agro-Industrial Park are being built in Amhara, Oromia and South Ethiopia Peoples’ Regiona State, while 13 more are in the pipeline for different parts of the country.
- Two New Textile and Garment Parks to Come up in Ethiopia
- Unilever Global Company to Expand Investment in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia’s Ministry of Industry to Construct 17 Agro-Industrial Parks Nationwide
- Kaliti-Kilinto and Kaliti-Tullu Dimtu Roads to Be Constructed at a Cost of 4.7 Billion Birr
- Ethiopian Sugar Corporation: Country’s Sugar Revolution Attracted New Investor: Aliko Dangote