Addis Ababa (EBC)–State Minister for Foreign Affairs, Dr. Aklilu Hailemichael met with representatives of Globeleq on Friday (Feb. 17), during which he appreciated the company’s ambition to boost power generation in Africa in general, and in Ethiopia in particular.
The State Minister, praising the innovative project Genale Dawa VI (GD-6) developed by Globeleq in partnership with Contingent Technologies, expressed his office’s commitment to support the company in its investment endeavor in Ethiopia.
The State Minister further expressed his belief that the company’s investment in Ethiopia will benefit the people and is in line with the country’s vision as articulated in the Growth and Transformation Plan II (GTP II).
Henericus J. Sander III, Finance Director of Contingent Technologies (Partner of Globeleq), on his part explained that Genale Dawa VI (GD-6) project, upon completion, will not just be the first large-scale privately-owned hydropower facility in the country.
The Company earlier met with President Dr. Mulatu Teshome and discussed the implementation of the Genale Dawa VI (GD-6) project.
- Axereal to Invest on Malting Plant in Ethiopia
- Chinese Textile Firms Continue to Invest in Ethiopia
- Unilever Global Company to Expand Investment in Ethiopia
- VIDEO: Ethiopia Is by Far the Best Investment Destination in Africa, Says Karel Claes
- Ethiopian Sugar Corporation: Country’s Sugar Revolution Attracted New Investor: Aliko Dangote