EVENT: Global Green Growth Week 2017
THEME: Unlocking Africa’s Green Growth Potential
DATE: October 17-20, 2017
VENUE: United Nations Conference Center, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) will hold Global Green Growth Week 2017: Unlocking Africa’s Green Growth Potential (GGGWeek2017), on October 17-20, 2017, at the United Nations Conference Center (UNCC), in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Hosted in partnership with the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, GGGWeek2017 will gather GGGI members, stakeholders from the public and private sectors, international organizations, and civil society to strengthen and catalyze green growth in Africa and globally in order to achieve Nationally Determined Contributions to the Paris Agreement and make progress on the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals. GGGWeek2017 will address a number of key topics, including: Mobilizing green/climate finance to bankable projects in developing countries; Sustainably managing resources to address water and food security challenges; and Developing and adopting policies that drive environmentally sustainable and socially inclusive economic growth.
Source: Green Growth Knowledge Platform
- How to Make the Green Revolution A Reality in Africa
- Greening the Capital: Additional Public Parks to Addis Ababa
- VIDEO: Working Together to Grow a Green Economy – Ethiopia
- Ethiopia Launches New Sustainable Intervention for Green Cities Development
- African Experts Urge Investment in Forest Conservation to Boost Green Growth