Hawassa Industrial Park is providing more than 100,000 jobs to people in Ethiopia and it is expected to attract a lot more foreign investment.
HAWASSA, Ethiopia (CGTN Africa)–Ethiopia has opened the Hawassa Industrial Park, in Hawassa City of southern Ethiopia region, is arguably the largest on the continent. It is built on 300 hectares of land and is dedicated mainly to textile and garment producers. Currently, sixteen leading global apparel and textile companies from the US, China, India, Sri Lanka and Ethiopia are operating within the park.
The industrial park aimed at pushing the country’s industrial development. Besides providing jobs for thousands of employees, the part is expected to attract a lot more foreign investment. CGTN’s reporter has been at the park and now looks at how jobs are being created and skills being transferred.
Source: CGTN Africa
- Ethiopia Is Inviting Investments in Industrial Parks
- South African Companies Eyeing Investment in Ethiopia
- Two New Textile and Garment Parks to Come up in Ethiopia
- Cornerstone Laid for Baeker Integrated Agro-Industrial Park
- Construction of Agro-Industrial Park to be Launched in South Ethiopia
- The Town of Yirgalem to Be Home to Ethiopia’s 3rd Agro-Industrial Park
- Ethiopia’s Ministry of Industry to Construct 17 Agro-Industrial Parks Nationwide