The aim of the workshop organized by LIDI is to enhance leather manufacturing industries awareness on eco-friendly leather manufacturing, it was indicated.
Addis Ababa (ENA)–A one-day workshop on sustainable development, environmental law and eco-friendly leather manufacturing and its role on global market competitiveness was conducted here today.
Leather Industry Development Institute (LIDI) Environment and Technology Director, Zerfe Mersha said the ‘‘workshop will add value on the sustainability of environmental management in each industry, because environmental management adds for the sustainability of cost effectiveness as well as the competitiveness of the industry.’’
According to her, the leather factories are not up-to-standard though there are guidelines and law enforcement standards. Therefore they have to understand the guidelines and protect the environment.
The aim of the workshop organized by the Leather Industry Development Institute (LIDI) is to enhance leather manufacturing industries awareness on eco-friendly leather manufacturing, it was indicated.
The trainer, Assistance Professor Lelissa Daba said the participants need to reach a consensus that protecting the environment adds value to competitiveness, waste reduction, minimization and prevention from tanneries to improve their image in selling their products to the international market.
“We need to change our culture of abusing our by-product resources and use them as inputs for industries in addition to the job opportunities they create,” Lelissa stressed.
More than 70 participants from different leather manufacturing companies took part in the workshop.
- EWCA Calls for United Effort against Wildlife Trafficking
- Ethio-Morroco Business Forum Commences in Addis Ababa
- Inauguration of the Sound Installation “SONIC COMMUNITARY – The African Union”
- Ethiopia to Host Conference on Intergovernmental Committee for Safeguarding of Intangible Cultural Heritage
- Mekelle University to Host the 9th African Universities Sport Festival and the 10th Ethiopian Public Universities Sport Festival