Mekelle University (Tigray, Ethiopia) announced that it will host the 9th African Universities Sport Festival as well as the 10th Ethiopian Public Universities Sport Festival, both to be held in 2018.
Mekelle, Ethiopia (MU)–In a ceremony held on November 16, 2016, delegates from Ethiopian Public Universities Sport Association take a tour around some of the sport facilities that Mekelle University (MU) owns. Following their visit of the sport facilities, brief presentation was given to the participants about Mekelle City, preparation of the University both in terms of infrastructure and organizational capacity, and welcoming people of the city.
On the event, Mr. Abayneh Belayhun, President of Ethiopian Public Universities Sport Association, indicated that the association is officially registered at the Federal level since November 2016. The President then declared that Mekelle University is officially nominated to organize the 9th African Universities Sport Festival which will be held on 2018.
On the same year the university will organize the 10th Ethiopian Public Universities Sport Festival. Mr. Abayneh gave thanks to the MU management and special thanks to Corporate Communication Director, Mr. Yemane Zereay his relentless service and support he gave to the Association and the realization the opportunity to organize this international event. At the last he gave some comments.
On the event Dr. Kindeya G/Hiwot, President of Mekelle University said that this is a national assignment we work together for the successful sport festival.
Source: Mekelle University
- Addis Ababa University’s IPSS Launches a Book on African Solutions
- University of Hohenheim (Stuttgart, Germany) Delegates Visited Hawassa University
- Volcanology Research Boosted by New Scholarship, for Ethiopians, in Memory of Bristol Graduate
- Mekelle University: U.S. Embassy Representatives Visit Department of Journalism and Communication
- Turkish Cooperation and Coordination Agency (TİKA) Donates to Mekelle University Students with Special Needs