ADDIS ABABA (MoFEC)–Framework Agreement a grant amounting SEK one billion (ETB 2.82 billion) was signed on July 27, 2017 between the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia and the Kingdom of Sweden at a ceremony held at the Ministry of Finance and Economic Cooperation (MoFEC) in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
According to the agreement, the cooperation in the Framework focuses on
- contributing to a better environment, limited climate impact and enhanced resilience to climate change,
- improved opportunities for poor people to make use of their rights, and
- promoting democratization and gender equality in the society.
The Agreement is used as a Framework which leads the development cooperation of the two countries for the five years, 2016-2020. This commitment is planned to be used for various projects to be implemented in Ethiopia so as to achieve the agreed results.
H.E. Mr. Admasu Nebebe, State Minister of MoFEC, Ms. Annika Nordin Jayawardena, Swedish Deputy Head of Mission, Charge D’Affaires of the Embassy of Sweden in Addis Ababa, signed the agreement on behalf of the Ethiopian Government and the Swedish Government, respectively.
Source: Ministry of Finance and Economic Cooperation
- Ethiopia and UK Sign Energy Compact
- Ethiopia and Kenya Join Forces to Advance Peace, Security, Development and Hope
- U.S. Announces $169 Million in New Humanitarian Assistance for Ethiopia and Kenya
- EIB Confirms Support for 6 Billion Birr Private Enterprise Financing Program in Ethiopia
- New Country Partnership Framework to Support an Inclusive and Equitable Growth Path for Ethiopia