EVENT: International Conference: Putting children first: Identifying solutions & taking action to tackle poverty & inequality in Sub-Saharan Africa
DATE: October 23-26, 2017
VENUE: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
ADDIS ABABA (Young Lives Ethiopia)–This three-day international conference, “Putting children first: Identifying solutions & taking action to tackle poverty & inequality in Sub-Saharan Africa,” hosted by the Ethiopian Centre for Child Research, Ethiopian Development Research Institute (EDRI), the Comparative Research Programme on Poverty (CROP), The Impact Initiative at the Institute of Development Studies (IDS) and the Global Coalition to End Child Poverty, including African Child Policy Forum (ACPF), Partnership for Economic Policy (PEP), Save the Children, UNICEF and Young Lives.
The conference aims to engage policy makers, practitioners and researchers in identifying solutions for fighting child poverty and inequality in Sub-Saharan Africa, and inspiring action towards change. To do so, the conference will offer a space to build links and networks between researchers, policy makers and practitioners, and stimulate learning on particular skills that may help to move research to action.
Source: Young Lives Ethiopia
- Sister Zebider Zewdie: A Mother of 1.5mln Ethiopian Children Youth and Elderly
- Italian Cooperation and UNICEF Assistance: One Million Children Will Be Registered in Ethiopia
- Reach for Change and IKEA Foundation: New Partnership to Impact 84,000 Children in Ethiopia
- The Pediatric Cancer Unit at Jimma University Specialized Hospital Treated More than 100 Children with Cancer
- New EU Funding Will Provide Essential Nutrition Treatment for 130,000 Children under the Age of Five in Ethiopia